|Active Ingredient||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Starts In||30 Minutes To 1 Hour|
|Lasts Long||4-5 Hours|
How does Zeagra 100 mg work?
Zeagra 100 mg tablet belongs to the group of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It contains the ingredient Sildenafil Citrate that works by blocking the action of the enzyme PDE 5 (Phosphodiesterase Type 5) and enhancing the effects of nitric oxide. Thus, it increases the blood flow to the penis and helps men get an erection.
The enzyme PDE 5 causes constriction in the arteries and doesn’t let blood flow properly to the penis. When a person is sexually stimulated, nitric oxide is released into the penis. Nitric oxide is vital for the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). Nitric oxide interacts with the haem group of the enzyme soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC) and stimulates the production of cGMP. cGMP regulates the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. Zeagra stops the enzyme PDE 5 from destroying cGMP and allows the blood to flow properly to the penis. As cGMP is produced, more and more blood flows to the penis creating pressure inside it. This leads to an erection.
Uses of Zeagra 100 mg
This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – a condition that makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It occurs due to improper blood flow to the penis caused by physical and psychological factors.
Dosage of Zeagra 100 mg
The recommended dose of Zeagra 100 mg is one tablet per day. No more than one tablet should be taken in 24 hours. This medicine can be taken with or without food. For best results, take it on an empty stomach with water and exactly one hour before planned sexual intercourse. The effects of this pill can be experienced anywhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour. However, in some cases, it can take even longer depending on a person’s age, metabolism, health conditions, etc. This medicine works only if you’re sexually stimulated. Do not consume the tablet if you don’t suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Missed Dose: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, you’re less likely to miss a dose.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can deteriorate your existing condition and lead to adverse side effects. In case an overdose is suspected, seek medical help immediately.
Zeagra 100 mg may not be suitable for you if you suffer from any medical condition. Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other medications.
- If you have a history of stroke, congestive heart failure, etc.
- If you suffer from blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, multiple myeloma, etc.
- If you suffer from a kidney or liver disease.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If you suffer from conditions such as diabetes, high blood cholesterol, hypertension, etc.
- If you have a rare inherited eye condition such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or seizures.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from ischemic heart disease.
- If you are an alcoholic or have a history of substance abuse.
If you suffer from any medical conditions not listed here, let your doctor know about them. Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Side-effects of Zeagra 100 mg
As with any other medication, there are certain side-effects that can occur while taking Zeagra 100mg tablet. Most of these side-effects are temporary and go away after some time.
Some common side-effects include:
- Upset stomach
- Muscle pain
- Visual disturbances
Rare side-effects of the medication include:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- NAION (sudden vision loss in one or both eyes)
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Priapism (a prolonged and painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours)
The above list shouldn’t be seen as a complete guide of side effects. If you experience any other side-effects of the medication, report it to the doctor.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription drugs, any vitamins, and herbal supplements, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications can interact with Zeagra 100 mg and affect the way it works.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole
- HIV drugs such as ritonavir
- Medications for seizures such as carbamazepine
- Alpha-blockers such as terazosin
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners) such as warfarin
- Other medicines for ED
This isn’t a complete list of potential drug interactions. Discuss possible drug interactions with your doctor before starting this medicine.
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol increases the risk of adverse side effects and reduces the chances of getting an erection. Drinking alcohol alongside Zeagra 100mg is not advised.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Grapefruit juice contains furanocoumarins that increase the likelihood of adverse side effects. It also raises the levels of Zeagra in the body and delays the time it takes for the medication to work. Therefore, it should not be consumed while taking Zeagra 100 mg.
Zeagra 100 mg tablets should be stored safely at room temperature in their original packaging.
- These pills should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
- Keep the pills in a cool and dry place in an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Zeagra 100mg?
Ans. Zeagra 100mg is an oral tablet prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. It works by increasing the blood flow to the penis and helps men get or maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
2. How do you take Zeagra tablets?
Ans. These tablets are meant to be taken orally with water. Take the tablet on an empty stomach and exactly one hour before any sexual activity. Do not take more than one tablet in 24 hours.
3. Where to buy Zeagra online?
Ans. Zeagra 100mg tablet can be purchased easily at pocket-friendly prices.
4. Can I take Zeagra with alcohol?
Ans. No. Alcohol increases the risk of side effects and deteriorates your existing condition. Avoid consuming alcohol with Zeagra.
5. Zeagra vs Viagra – what’s the difference?
Ans. Both the medicines contain the same active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which helps to increase the blood flow to the penis. There’s no chemical difference between the Sildenafil Citrate used in Viagra and Zeagra. The only difference might be the shape and size of the tablet.
There are no reviews yet.