|Starts In||30 Minutes To 1 Hour|
|Last Long||5 Hours|
How It Works
Levitra 20 mg is a PDE 5 inhibitor that works by increasing the blood flow to the penis. It relaxes the muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels. The problem of ED causes constriction in the arteries resulting in improper flow of blood. This happens due to the attack of an enzyme known as PDE 5 that destroys cGMP, a molecule that controls the dilation and contraction of blood vessels. Levitra 20 mg stops the action of PDE 5 and does not let it destroy cGMP. This allows more and more blood flow to the penis. Thus, a pressure is created in the penis. This leads to an erection.
Levitra 20 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – also known as impotence, it makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection while having sexual intercourse.
A dose of Levitra 20 mg is prescribed as a regular dose for men diagnosed with erectile dysfunction (ED). It has to be taken once in 24 hours for the best results. Levitra starts showing effects within 30 minutes of consumption and lasts for 5 hours. When there is sexual stimulation, men with erectile dysfunction can then expect a satisfying time with their partner.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are very less.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side-effects. If such a case arises, seek medical attention immediately.
Before you take Levitra 20 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Levitra or certain medications.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or heart failure.
- If you suffer from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, etc.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you suffer from problems such as sickle cell anemia, or leukemia.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have an eye-related disorder such as retinitis pigmentosa.
Some common side-effects of Levitra 20 mg include:
- Blurred vision
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Sensitiveness to light
In some rare cases, side-effects such as Priapism (a prolonged erection of more than 4 hours) and NAION (sudden vision loss in one or both eyes) can occur. If any of these problems persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other form of drugs, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications are known to affect the way Levitra 20 mg works.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Oral antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- Other medicines for ED
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol is known to increase the chances of experiencing side-effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Retain the original packaging of the medicine.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
- Do not use the medicine past the expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is prescribed to take Levitra 20 mg?
Doctors usually undertake diagnosis and establish the reasons for erectile dysfunction before prescribing a dose of Levitra to their patients. Mostly the medication is prescribed to men who are suffering from common symptoms of impotency like soft erections, dying erections, etc.
What is the ideal dose of Levitra 20 mg?
The dose of Levitra 20 mg depends on the extent of sexual disorder, symptoms and the treatment undertaken by the doctor. Proper diagnosis with a study of the relative causes helps evaluate a suitable dose. Lifestyle, habits, weight, etc. are predominant factors defining the dose of Levitra for a person. A single tablet is usually recommended to be taken in 24 hours. Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosing schedule.
Does Levitra 20 mg react with other medicines?
Levitra is a medicinal drug that has the potential to react with other medicinal drugs attracting both positive and negative effects. It should be avoided by men who are challenged by health conditions like cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, hypertension, neurological disorders, etc. Additionally, it should be avoided alongside medicines like Paracetamol, Warfarin, Cetirizine, etc. too.
Where to buy Levitra 20 mg online?
To buy Levitra 20 mg online, browse through the His Blue pharmacy online and explore their wide range of ED drugs. His Blue is one of the trusted online pharmacies dealing with FDA-approved ED drugs. With a smart browsing experience and cost-effective medications, it is one of the most popular online pharmacies offering safety sealed delivery at the doorstep in routine time.
There are no reviews yet.