How does Ceebis 20 mg work
Ceebis 20 mg Tablet active ingredient of Ceebis 20 mg is Tadalafil that is a PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitor. Erectile dysfunction is a result of constricted arteries/ blood vessels and a restricted blood flow in the penis. PDE5 inhibits the production of cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate) in the body by destroying it. cGMP controls the contraction-dilation of blood vessels. Tadalafil inhibits the PDE5 enzyme which is responsible for the decreased blood flow. This results in increased contraction and dilation of the muscle cells lining the blood vessels. Thus, a pressure is created in the penis that helps achieve and maintain a firm erection. This effect lasts for 36 hours after medicine intake.
Uses of Ceebis 20 mg
It is used for the treatment of the following conditions-
1. Erectile Dysfunction (ED or impotence)- it is responsible for a man being unable to either achieve or maintain a hard erection during sexual activity.
2. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)- a disorder that affects the arteries of the lungs and the right part of the heart by increasing the blood pressure in them. It causes shortness of breath, fatigue, and dizziness.
3. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)- this an age-related condition where the prostate gland becomes unusually large. It causes frequent and painful urination.
It may be taken based on your need or daily depending on your doctor’s prescription. A tablet of Ceebis 20 mg Tablet should be swallowed 30 to 60 minutes before sex. Take care to not intake more than one tablet a day. If you’re taking it daily at a set time then sexual intercourse can be done any time. You may take it with or without a meal.
For treating BPH or PAH, generally, doctors recommend starting with one pill a day, every day at a set time. The dosage may be increased later by the doctor according to your condition. Remember that it only keeps PAH under control and cannot cure it so, you need to take medicine every day irrespective of how well you are feeling. Stop taking it only when told to do so by your doctor.
For erectile dysfunction, if you take it whenever needed, there are fewer chances of forgetting a dose. But if you are to take it regularly for any of the conditions mentioned, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, take care to not take the next pill if it’s scheduled within the next 24 hours. Don’t overdose.
In case of an overdose, immediately contact your doctor or a health-care emergency because it may lead to some serious side-effects.
Before you take this medicine, let your doctor know:
1. If you are allergic to Tadalafil or any other medications.
2. If you have had strokes or congestive heart failure in the past.
3. If you are taking another medicine with Tadalafil as an active ingredient.
4. If you take prescribed medications for seizure disorder or epilepsy.
5. If you have a physically deformed penis or you suffer from Peyronie’s.
6. If you have diabetes.
7. If you’re taking nitrates to treat any other condition.
8. If you take any alpha-blockers like alfuzosin, doxazosin, prazosin, etc.
9. If you have abnormal blood pressure.
10. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
11. If you have any retina-related disease or disorder.
12. If you smoke or consume alcohol.
13. If you take antifungals like fluconazole, griseofulvin, or itraconazole.
14. If you intake herbal products like St John’s wort.
15. If you are having any type of surgery.
Discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor.
Side effects of Ceebis 20 mg
Ceebis 20 mg Tablet may have certain side-effects although most of them are temporary. Contact your doctor if they persist for long. Following is a list of some common side-effects:
4. Pain in the back, stomach, arm, or leg muscles.
Some other rare but more serious side-effects may include:
1. Priapism i.e., an erection that lasts for more than four hours and is painful.
2. Shortness of breath
3. A sudden loss or decrease in eye-vision
4. Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeats
5. Ringing in ears
6. Chest pain
7. Changes in color vision
This isn’t an exhaustive list of side-effects so please pay attention to other problems you face and let our doctor know.
If you take any other medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements, let your doctor know about them. Certain drugs can interact with Ceebis 20 mg Tablet and affect the way it works.
1. Medications for erectile dysfunction
2. Medications containing nitrates
3. Alpha-blockers like, doxazosin and alfuzosin
5. Carbamazepine or other medicines prescribed for seizures
6. Oral anti-fungal medicines like, ketoconazole
9. Anticoagulants like warfarin
This isn’t a complete list of potential drug interactions. Discuss possible drug interactions with your doctor before starting this medicine.
Interaction with Alcohol
The risk of side-effects is enhanced due to alcohol consumption. Avoid taking alcohol as it may cause dizziness and low blood pressure.
Interaction with Grapefruit Juice
Eating grapefruit or consuming grapefruit juice along with Ceebis 20 mg may increase the usual working time of the drug.
You can store the tablets in the packaging it originally came in with the lid closed tight.
1. Keep it out of reach of children.
2. It should be stored under room temperature, away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, and moisture.
3. If the pack has expired, do not consume the pills.
4. Safe disposal is necessary to keep your pets safe. Do not flush the empty packaging in the toilet. Gather information about the take-back program by contacting the pharmacist or local recycling department.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Ceebis 20 mg?
Ans. It is an oral medication prescribed for treating impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It increases blood flow to the penis which increases blood pressure. This helps men achieve and sustain an erection.
2. How to use Ceebis 20 mg?
Ans. Take a single tablet an hour before you’re planning to have sexual intercourse. You can have it with or without a meal. Or take it daily at a scheduled time if prescribed by your doctor.
3. Can we split a Ceebis 20 mg tablet?
Ans. No, each tablet is to be swallowed whole.
4. How long does Ceebis 20 mg last?
Ans. The effects of this medicine usually last for 36 hours. However, this may vary from person to person.
There are no reviews yet.