How does Cenforce 120 mg work
Its active ingredient, sildenafil citrate is a cGMP-specific Phosphodiesterase 5 enzyme (PDE-5) inhibiting drug. That is, its working mechanism is indirect as it takes effect by protecting cGMP molecules from getting destroyed by the PDE-5 enzyme, and thus increases its concentration in the penile muscles. Increased cGMP levels are responsible for the relaxation of penile muscles which consequently draws more blood and help you get a firm erection. However, the only prerequisite for Cenforce to work is sexual arousal because arousal leads to nitric oxide release in the corpus cavernosum which is required for making cGMP molecules in the first place.
Uses of Cenforce 120 mg
Cenforce 120 mg is a potent drug to solve erectile dysfunction problems. It is also known to reduce anxiety levels (related to sexual performance) more than its 50 mg dosage. Taking it will improve blood flow to the penis and help you gain and sustain an erection for a satisfactory sexual experience.
The usual recommended dose is one Cenforce 120 mg taken approximately half-an-hour to an hour before having sex. One may either take it as per their need or if diagnosed with ED, their doctor may prescribe a daily dosage. We recommend you to not alter the dose without consulting a physician as lower dose can be ineffective and overdose can lead to side effects. The medicine is better taken on an empty stomach as a heavy meal can slow down its onset time. Lastly, do not take Cenforce 120 mg more than fours hours before you plan to have sex because its potency will start decreasing after that.
If you’ve been prescribed Cenforce 120 mg, make sure you do not miss a dose. In case you have missed one, take the dose when you remember it. But if the next scheduled dose is less than 12 hours away, skip the missed dose and only take the regular one. This is to avoid a double dose or overdose of the drug. You can take the medicine at the same time everyday for better memory.
Overdosing on any drug can have negative consequences. Cenforce 120 mg, if taken in excessive amounts can result in these symptoms- headache, swelling of body parts, breathing problems, a more than four hour long painful erection (priapism), etc. To avoid such severe symptoms, you must avoid overdosing on this medicine. If you or someone you know is showing these symptoms, call a doctor instantly and get help.
As with any medication, you should let your doctor know about all the health conditions you suffer or have suffered from. This will help them decide whether or not to prescribe sildenafil to you and also in fixing a suitable dose for your condition. Here are some health conditions that should be considered carefully before taking Cenforce 120 mg:
- Any allergic reaction to sildenafil or any other content of drug in the past
- Partial or complete blindness
- Abnormal vision or any eye condition like retinitis pigmentosa
- High or low blood pressure conditions
- Bleeding problems like hemophilia
- Blood-related issues like leukemia or sickle-cell anemia
- Pulmonary Veno-occlusive disease (PVOD)
- Cardiovascular disorders like aortic stenosis, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
- Ischemic heart condition or a history of angina attack/ heart attack
- Anatomical deformation of the penis as in the Peyronie’s disease or angulation or cavernosal fibrosis
- Any renal or hepatic condition
- Epilepsy or seizures
- Any condition that renders sexual activity inadvisable
- Peptic ulcer (both active and if you have had it in the past)
Additionally, Cenforce 120 mg is not directed for use by women or minors. Its effect on pregnant and breastfeeding ladies is also less known.
Side effects of Cenforce 120 mg
Despite being a well-tolerated medicine, Cenforce 120 mg can have side effects. It may be a result of an allergic reaction or a hypersensitive body or an overdose. Following are some common symptoms that should vanish after a while-
- Runny nose or stuffy nose
Some more serious symptoms that can manifest mostly because of an allergy or overdose are-
- Swelling of body parts (tongue, face, throat, etc.)
- Rashes or hives
- Trouble in breathing
- Chest pain
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Sudden vision loss (non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION))
- Visual color distortions
- Vertigo or a ringing sensation in the ears
- Penile hemorrhage
All these are high-risk symptoms that should be immediately brought to a physician’s notice and treated accordingly.
Interaction With Other Drugs
Drug interaction increases the risk of having side effects, it may also reduce the efficacy of the drug. Cenforce 120 mg may interact with some drugs so you should tell your doctor about all the prescribed and OTC medicine you take. Also, let them know about the herbs and other dietary supplements like vitamin tablets you might be taking. Possible drug interactions include but are not limited to-
- Medicines containing nitrates, like isosorbide and nitroglycerine (used for treating heart conditions like angina)
- Riociguat and the other Guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators
- Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and other PDE-5 inhibitors
- Amyl nitrite, amyl/ butyl nitrate, and other recreational drugs called ‘Poppers’
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, and other macrolide antibiotics
- Carbamazepine and other anti-seizure medications
- Alfuzosin, doxazosin, and other alpha-blockers
- Atenolol and other beta-blockers
- Fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and other HIV protease inhibitors
- Telaprevir, boceprevir, and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
- Mifepristone aka RU-486 (one of the 2 pills that form an MTP kit for abortion)
Interaction With Alcohol
Avoid consuming alcohol with Cenforce 120 mg as it may cause low blood pressure and hence the dizziness. The combination might also increase the risk of facing other side effects.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
The CYP3A4 enzyme contained in grapefruit can deplete Cenforce, making the drug work slowly. This enzyme is the same as found naturally in our liver and metabolizes sildenafil. So, avoid eating grapes or drinking grapefruit juice while on this medication.
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time-
- Keep the tablets in their original packaging when not in use
- Keep them away from damp and direct sunlight (bathroom cabinet is not a suitable place)
- The place should be in the normal room temperature range, i.e., 59–86° F or 15–30° C
- Keep them beyond the reach of children and pets
- Do not consume past the expiry date
- Dispose of the discarded pills and empty packaging in a suitable manner, do not flush
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does Cenforce 120 mg help improve sex life?
Ans- If you are suffering from erectile dysfunction and cannot gain or maintain a satisfactory erection during sex, Cenforce 120 mg can help you. It will improve blood flow into the penis and cause a rigid erection. However, it won’t increase your stamina or enhance your libido.
Q2. Who should not take Cenforce 120 mg?
Ans- Anyone not suffering from impotence must not take this medicine. Also, anyone suffering from heart, liver, kidney, and blood-related disorders should check with a physician before starting treatment with this medication. Lastly, women and children are not supposed to consume this medicine.
Q3. Is Cenforce 120 mg safe?
Ans- It is a moderately high dose of this medicine and though it is fairly well-tolerated, one should not overdose on it. The resulting side effects can range from nausea, headache, lightheadedness, to priapism, vision loss, and chest pain. Talk to your doctor to know if it is safe for you.
Q4. How does Cenforce 120 mg work?
Ans- This drug works like all other PDE-5 inhibiting drugs (like Viagra and Levitra) by relaxing the penile muscles and enhancing blood flow in the penis. The result is a firmer erection that helps you have satisfactory sex.
There are no reviews yet.